What is Active Listening?
Active listening definition: active listening is the process of paying attention to, and interpreting the underlying message of, customer interactions.
Active listening is an advanced listening technique where the listener – typically a brand representative – makes a conscious effort to look at all aspects of a conversation.
They will look for elements used by a customer such as:
- Words, sounds, and tonality
- Body language and expressions
By effectively interpreting these, we are able to gain a deeper insight into what the customer is really trying to say.
Sales reps who use active listening may notice that a customer’s objection to the price of your product is actually them expressing doubt this is the correct solution for them.
Popularity of the term Active Listening
Concept related to Active Listening
Additional resources about Active Listening
- Listen Up: How Active Listening Transforms Your Marketing
- Active Listening Helps Drive Sales
- Active Listening is an Effective Listening Skill and Strategy