What is an Algorithm?
Algorithm definition: an Algorithm is a series of calculations performed by a computer, or computer software, to create an outcome.
Marketers come into contact with algorithms on platforms like:
Who all have their own unique algorithms to decide:
- What content is seen by users
- How frequently it can be seen
- Where it displays in their interface
Algorithms are updated frequently, and information about specific factors is usually kept secret. However, there are plenty of outlets who successful speculate an algorithms inner workings.
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.
Popularity of the term Algorithm
Additional resources about Algorithm
- Algorithms and Marketing, What You Need to Know
- How marketers use algorithms to (try to) read your mind
- The Perils of Algorithm-Based Marketing
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.