What is Bounce Rate?
Bounce Rate definition: bounce rate refers to the percentage of people who visit a webpage, and leave again without visiting any of the website’s other pages.
- You perform a Google search for “how to make chili con carne”
- You find a cooking blog with a recipe
- You click the recipe but find it contains an ingredient you don’t like
- You hit the back button and return to Google
A bounce rate of between 26 and 40% is considered excellent by industry standards. Many consider a bounce rate of over 70% to be poor, but exceptions are often made for:
Where a single page is often sufficient for a user’s needs.
Popularity of the term Bounce Rate
Concept related to Bounce Rate
Additional resources about Bounce Rate
- Bounce Rate Analytics: How to Measure, Assess, and Audit to Increase Conversions
- Understanding bounce rate in Google Analytics
- What’s the Average Bounce Rate for a Website?