What is Brand Authenticity?
Brand authenticity definition: brand authenticity refers to the link between a company’s messaging and their actual behavior.
Research shows consumers are actively looking for brands to consistently take actions that align with the promise they are making.
If they can do this, they are able to build a high level of trust.
Ben and Jerry’s could be considered to have a high level of brand authenticity.
They have cultivated a brand around their motto of, “Peace, Love, and Ice Cream”, and focus on left-wing political issues.
To create brand authenticity around these elements they:
- Support Fair Trade
- Create Vegan versions of products
- Publish posts in support of climate change activism
- Started the Ben and Jerry’s foundation
All of these support their brand statement and are seen as authentic actions.
Popularity of the term Brand Authenticity
Concept related to Brand Authenticity
Additional resources about Brand Authenticity
- Brand Authenticity: 5 Examples of Companies Making a Profit While Being Authentic
- Brand Authenticity: Is It Really That Complicated?
- How to build brand authenticity: Learning from Top 100 global brands