What Is Brand Image?
Brand image definition: brand image refers to the impression new and existing customers have about your brand.
Brand image is a perception held in the customer’s mind. As such, it will vary from person to person.
Customer perception of a brand is the sum of all interactions and experiences they have with the brand and is influenced by two factors:
- Internal factors: that the brand can control
- External factors: that the brand cannot control
These factors – combined with the customer’s own experience – can create a positive, negative or neutral brand image.
Internal factors may include (but are not limited to):
External factors may include (but are not limited to):
- Word of mouth
- Third-party reviews
- Political opinions
- Geographical location
Popularity of the term Brand Image
Concept related to Brand Image
Additional resources about Brand Image
- Why Brand Image Matters More Than You Think
- Building a Foundation for a Strong Brand Image
- What is Brand Image and how do you measure it