What is Brand Personality?
Brand personality definition: brand personality refers to the relatable human characteristics of a brand.
Brand personality is typically expressed through the adjectives a brand’s target audience would use to describe themselves.
- Harley Davidson: rebellious, rugged, adventurous
- Apple: cool, tech-savvy, non-conformist
- Rolls Royce: luxury, tasteful, charming
- Innocent Smoothies: fun, healthy, easy-going
- Red Bull: exciting, daredevil, high-octane
These attributes can become associated with a brand in many different ways, but most commonly through:
- Advertising materials
- Brand messaging
- Brand imagery
- Content marketing
- Public relations
Red Bull has curated its exciting, high-octane, daredevil image through:
- Brand imagery: use of color, typography and video elements
- Content marketing: use of extreme sports videos and images
- Partnerships: like their string of Red Bull soccer teams
- Sponsorships: like the major gaming events and leagues
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term Brand Personality
Concept related to Brand Personality
Additional resources about Brand Personality
- 12 Brand Personality Types To Consider For Revved-Up Retention
- How To Define Your Brand Personality
- 15 Brand Personality Examples to Inspire You