What is Brand Value?
Brand value definition: brand value is the worth of a brand to the consumer.
Brand value is a subject of much debate in the marketing world, and there are two schools of thought on its true definition:
- Financial worth: the monetary value assigned to your brand
- Perceived worth: the perceived worth of your brand to a consumer
Let’s quickly look at both.
Financial worth is the market value of your brand. This would be calculated based on current and future sales, as well as your potential for growth.
Coca-Cola has a financial brand value of around $78 billion.
Perceived worth is how important a consumer feels your brand is to their life, job or social status.
Many soda drinkers feel Coca-Cola has a higher brand value than Pepsi. (The reverse is also true.)
Popularity of the term Brand Value
Concept related to Brand Value
Additional resources about Brand Value
- Brand Equity vs. Brand Value: What’s the Difference?
- Brand Value: What It Means (Finally) And How To Control It
- Learn How to Calculate Your Brand’s Value