What is Brandjacking?
Brandjacking can be considered a type of negative advertising and is often used for political purposes.
Oxfam Novib created this video titled “The Bitter Taste of Sugar” that poses as a Coca-Cola advert, but then delivers a swift political message:
Brandjacking is also used for:
- Comedy and satire
- Scamming existing consumers
- Creating fake news about a brand
It is important for brands to be vigilant about brandjacking and implement preventative measures.
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term Brandjacking
Concept related to Brandjacking
Additional resources about Brandjacking
- What is Brandjacking? A Video Overview
- 5 Ways To Protect Your Business Against Brandjacking
- Brandjacking: How to Establish Your Brand’s Best Defense