What is Content Distribution?
Content distribution definition: content distribution is the process of sharing and promoting a brand’s content through various media channels.
Content distribution can be done across three distinct categories:
- Owned channels: that belong to your brand
- Earned channels: that belong to a third-party
- Paid channels: that incur a specific cost
There are also overlaps between each of these categories.
Some examples of content distribution would be:
- Owned: sharing a post on your LinkedIn page
- Earned: a retweet from a popular media outlet
- Paid: a Facebook boosted post
Popularity of the term Content Distribution
Concept related to Content Distribution
Additional resources about Content Distribution
- Road Map to Success: Content Distribution Essentials That Win Eyeballs
- How to Overcome the Content Distribution Hurdle: Lessons from Someone Who Had No Idea What They Were Doing
- Content Distribution Plan: What It Is, Why It Matters & How To Use It