Content optimization definition: content optimization is the process of editing and formatting content to ensure it can optimally be distributed to, and consumed by, the target audience.
Content optimization revolves around three concepts:
- Consuming: can the audience effectively view the content?
- Finding: can the audience effectively find the content?
- Sharing: can the audience effective share the content?
The level of content optimization needed will vary depending on the piece of content and its intended use – videos vs. blog posts, for example.
However, there are content optimization elements that assist with all three, such as utilizing:
- Relevant keywords
- Relevant tags
- Error-free HTML code
- Mobile-friendly designs
- SEO best practices
Popularity of the term Content Optimization
Concept related to Content Optimization
Additional resources about Content Optimization
- 11 Content Optimization Strategies
- A Guide to Content Optimization for 4 Key Content Types
- How to Create Perfectly Optimized Content