What is Conversion Rate?
Conversion rate definition: conversion rate is the percentage of people that completed the desired action on a brand’s website, based on the total number of webpage visitors.
Conversion rates are used to measure the effectiveness of marketing elements such as:
- Product pages
- Sales pages
- Blog posts
- Call to actions
- Content upgrades
There is no one-size-fits-all industry benchmark for conversion rates; it is highly dependent on goals, industries, and target audiences.
Conversion rates are calculated like this:
Conversions / Page Traffic x 100 = Conversion Rate
- Front received 1000 visitors to their blog on Monday.
- 20 of those people joined their mailing list.
- 20 / 1000 x 100 = 2
- Their conversion rate is 2%
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term Conversion Rate
Concept related to Conversion Rate
Additional resources about Conversion Rate
- E-commerce conversion rates 2019 compilation
- 13 Ways to Increase Your Conversion Rate Right Now
- How to Calculate and Improve Your Conversion Rate