What is Cross Channel Marketing?
Cross channel marketing definition: cross channel marketing is when a brand offers a consistent customer experience across all channels and touchpoints.
The idea of cross channel marketing is that users can transition between channels without any loss of functionality.
- A customer starts the process of buying a pair of shorts from Chubbie’s desktop site
- They get distracted and do not finish the process
- Chubbies send them an abandoned cart email
- They open this email on their mobile phone
- The link takes them to a mobile version of the checkout
- They complete their purchase
The seamless transition from desktop to mobile is cross channel marketing in action.
Popularity of the term Cross Channel Marketing
Concept related to Cross Channel Marketing
Additional resources about Cross Channel Marketing
- What is cross-channel marketing and why do you need it?
- Multi-Channel Marketing 101: How Does Cross-Channel Marketing Work?
- Four Key Principles Of Cross Channel Marketing