What are Dark Posts?
Dark post definition: dark posts are sponsored social media posts that do not display in a brand’s news feed and cannot be found organically.
Dark Posts remain hidden in all news feeds except those of the people explicitly selected by ad targeting.
Dark Posts, due to their hidden nature, come with a lot of benefits to advertisers such as:
- Precise targeting
- Improved A/B testing
- Increased news feed aesthetic
- Reduced duplicate posting
Dark Posts are available on all major social media advertising platforms but often use more
- Facebook: Unpublished Page posts
- Twitter: Promoted-Only tweets
- LinkedIn: Direct Sponsored content
Popularity of the term Dark Post
Concept related to Dark Post
Additional resources about Dark Post
- WTF are ‘dark posts’?
- The Facebook Dark Post: What It Is and Why You Should Consider Them
- How and why to create a “Dark Post” in Facebook
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.