What is Green Marketing?
Green marketing definition: green marketing is the process of marketing a product or based on its environmental and sustainable benefits.
Green marketing requires a marketing team to focus on aspects of the product or brand message including – but not limited to – the following:
- Carbon footprint
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Recycled materials
- Reduced waste
Green marketing can be used in conjunction with brand storytelling to create a powerful narrative around the longevity of a brand and its mission.
Patagonia uses green marketing in their “We are in business to save our home planet” campaign, where they promote products and campaigns such as:
- Misunderstood: their campaign to promote hemp products
- The Footprint Chronicles: where they detail the carbon footprint of their supply chain
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.
Popularity of the term Green Marketing
Concept related to Green Marketing
Additional resources about Green Marketing
- Stick to the Definition and Green Marketing Can Be Very Powerful
- 5 Effective Green Marketing Strategies
- 5 green marketing strategies to earn consumer trust