Dear Loomly User,
Few things drive us more at Loomly than solving interesting problems and making the life of people around us easier.
That’s what sparked the early development of Loomly, back in 2015, when I was trying to fix a broken process in a previous venture and make my business partner (and spouse) Noemie’s job smoother — namely by giving up spreadsheets to manage editorial calendars.
It’s with the same passion that we wake up every single morning, excited about everything we can do to help the 4,000+ marketing teams who trust us and rely on Loomly to grow their brand online.
We are incredibly lucky to speak with more than 100 users like you daily, and we thoroughly take notes of your feedback. This allows us to fix bugs quickly as well as build only, and all, the features you actually need.
So, when we are not in the position to deliver one of these features, for reasons that are beyond our control, it literally feels gut-wrenching. As a company. As a team. As individuals.
This is what has been happening for the past 18 months with Instagram direct publishing
It is not that we cannot build the feature on the Loomly side, or that we don’t want to (in fact, we have done all necessary preparatory work already). It is that the API we need to enable this feature has been in closed beta with Facebook & Instagram Marketing Partners since January 2018.
We applied to become a Meta Marketing Partner in March 2018 and were on our way to get badged for the program in the Community Management specialty, until a highly improbable, apparently unrelated, but truly unfortunate turn of event: Cambridge Analytica.
In the following months, the badging process of the Meta Marketing Partner program was frozen and the Community Manager specialty closed, leaving us back then with no reasonable opportunity to access the necessary API.
This has been all the more frustrating — for you and for us — that some other solutions on the market have been offering an Instagram direct publishing feature, either legitimately through the official, closed beta API, or in more shady ways via questionable practices.
But: there is now light at the end of the tunnel
In June, we introduced Loomly Ads Manager, which allows you to create, preview, approve and launch Facebook & Instagram Ads from Loomly. This re-opened the door for Loomly to apply to the Meta Marketing Partner program, in the Ad Tech specialty this time, and get access to the Instagram API we need to bring Instagram direct publishing to you.
To be eligible to the Meta Marketing Partner program, Loomly still needs to meet two specific requirements:
- Ad spend from ads created through Loomly Ads Manager & Post Sponsoring, between all Loomly users together, over a period of 60 days, must exceed USD $100,000.
- In that same 60-day timeframe, at least 10 users (i.e. 10 unique Ad Accounts) must each have spent more than USD $1,000.
Of course, Loomly (the company) is already running all our ads through Loomly (the product), and many of you have started using Loomly Ads Manager since June getting us closer than ever to achieving this collective goal.
Now, we need your help to cross the finish line
You can most likely have a bigger impact than you would think.
To be specific:
- If every single Loomly user spends $25 in ads through Loomly Ads Manager (or Post Sponsoring), then we immediately meet the USD $100,000 requirement above — and if every single Loomly user spends $100 in ads through Loomly Ads Manager (or Post Sponsoring), then as a community we send a very strong signal to Facebook that we are a solid candidate for the Meta Marketing Partner program.
- If only 0.25% of all Loomly users are able to spend over USD $1,000 in ads, then we immediately meet the second key requirement above.
As always, we are here to help you help us help you (yes, you read that right):
- Here is a webinar, brought to you by the wonderful Noemie & Mirana, showing you how to master Loomly Ads Manager.
- Here is a guide presenting 5 creative hacks to take your Facebook & Instagram Ads to the next level.
- We are here to help you with any questions: either in our chat, or over email, at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you?
Quite a lot, actually:
- As soon as Loomly becomes a Meta Marketing Partner and gets access to the necessary API, you will be able to publish your posts directly to Instagram (this will be true whether you use Loomly Ads Manager & Post Sponsoring or not, but I do count on your help ????).
- Free media exposure, as we are developing case studies about Loomly users killing it with Loomly Ads Manager.
- A chance to win the Loomly Ads Manager Contest and an Amazon Gift Card worth $100, $200 or $300 (i).
- If you intend to spend more than USD $1,000 in ads through Loomly, please contact me at email@example.com: I’ll have something special for you.
If bringing Instagram direct publishing to Loomly seems worth a couple of ad dollars to you (spent on your own brand, with no additional fees), you have the power to make it happen:
???? ???? ???? Login & Create An Ad ???? ???? ????
If you have any questions about the above, or if I can help you in any way, simply reply to this email and your message will — as always — land directly in my actual inbox.
We are almost there, and I have no doubt that we are going to achieve this as a community: let’s do this!
CEO of Loomly