Today, we are immensely happy to introduce the most frequently requested feature — ever — in the history of Loomly: Instagram Direct Publishing.
Instagram Direct Publishing allows you to create, preview, approve, schedule and publish single photo & single video posts from Loomly to Instagram.
To enable Instagram Direct Publishing:
- Open an existing calendar of create a new one:
- Visit the Settings page of your calendar:
- Browse to the Social Accounts tab of the calendar Settings page:
- Either, connect a new Instagram Business Account to your calendar (if none is connected):
- Or, refresh the connection of your Instagram Business Account in your calendar (if one is already connected):
From there, all you need to do is:
- Go to Post Builder:
- Create a new post:
- Select Instagram as a channel:
- Define the generic content of your post (make sure to include a photo or a video in your post):
- Fine-tune the content of your post for Instagram, for instance adding a First Comment to be published along your post (optional):
- Schedule your post with the Schedule button — or even publish it immediately with the Publish Now button.
- On Post View, click on View post on Instagram to access your post on Instagram:
Limitations you want to keep in mind:
- Account type: Instagram Business Accounts are supported (Instagram Creator Accounts are not supported).
- Number of posts: “each Instagram Business account will be limited to 25 API-published posts within a 24-hour moving period. This rate limit will not impact other publishing methods.
- Content type: Single-image posts, Single-video posts, User Tags and Locations are supported (Stories, Shopping tags, Branded content tags, Filters and Multi-image posts are not supported).
- Hashtags: up to 30 hashtags per post are allowed.
- @mentions: up to 20 mentions per post are allowed.
- Video format: MOV and MP4 are supported.
- Asset size: files up to 8MB are supported.
- Asset aspect ratio: assets within the 4:5 to 1.91:1 range are supported.
A big round of applause to our engineer Ben, who prepared, built and polished this integration in record time.
Thank you so much to all of your for sticking with us until today and we trust you will make the most of this new feature to keep building amazing brands online in general and on Instagram in particular.
The Loomly Team.
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.