What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation definition: lead generation is the process of finding and connecting with potential customers – “leads” – for a brand’s products and services.
Lead generation can be done in two ways:
- Outbound: where brands go out in search of leads
- Inbound: where leads register their interest with a brand
The leads generated are usually added to a database to be contacted by either the sales or marketing team.
Brands can successfully employ both outbound and inbound lead generation at the same time. For example:
- Outbound: display advertising, pay per click, influencer marketing, etc.
- Inbound: search engine optimization, social media marketing, blogging, etc.
Lead generation in either of these forms is essential and forms a foundational part of marketing.
Popularity of the term Lead Generation
Concept related to Lead Generation
Additional resources about Lead Generation
- What is Lead Generation Marketing and How is it Useful?
- Lead Generation Hacks: 6 Strategies That Will Grow Your Leads By 113%
- 10 Creative Lead Gen Examples Sourced from Marketing Legends
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.