What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation definition: lead generation is the process of finding and connecting with potential customers – “leads” – for a brand’s products and services.
Lead generation can be done in two ways:
- Outbound: where brands go out in search of leads
- Inbound: where leads register their interest with a brand
The leads generated are usually added to a database to be contacted by either the sales or marketing team.
Brands can successfully employ both outbound and inbound lead generation at the same time. For example:
- Outbound: display advertising, pay per click, influencer marketing, etc.
- Inbound: search engine optimization, social media marketing, blogging, etc.
Lead generation in either of these forms is essential and forms a foundational part of marketing.
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term Lead Generation
Concept related to Lead Generation
Additional resources about Lead Generation
- What is Lead Generation Marketing and How is it Useful?
- Lead Generation Hacks: 6 Strategies That Will Grow Your Leads By 113%
- 10 Creative Lead Gen Examples Sourced from Marketing Legends