What are Long Tail Keywords?
Long tail keywords definition: long tail keywords are search engine queries that contain three or more words; they make up around 70% of all searches.
Long tail keywords receive less traffic but they have higher levels of commercial intent and less overall competition.
This makes them more efficient – and profitable – for website owners to use when optimizing their content.
- Drake concerts
- Drake tickets
- Drake tour
But the intent is not clear – “tour” could mean the last one, this current one or the next one – and the competition will be high.
However long-tail keywords like these:
- Drake tickets for Miami concert
- Buy Drake tickets for Florida shows
- How much are Drake concert tickets
Have a much clearer intent, less competition, and are therefore more likely to convert.
Popularity of the term Long Tail Keywords
Concept related to Long Tail Keywords
Additional resources about Long Tail Keywords
- Why focus on long tail keywords?
- Three good reasons to target long tail keywords!
- 11 Reasons You Need to Focus on Long-Tail Keywords for SEO