What is a Lookalike Audience?
Lookalike audience definition: lookalike audience is a digital advertising option that uses the data of an existing audience to algorithmically create a new target audience.
Looking audiences were first introduced by Facebook and enabled advertisers to target their ads to users who were similar to their existing audience.
This is achieved by taking the information of the current audience who likes a brand’s Facebook page and applying that to other users on the platform.
- Giant Bicycles has 1.8 million Facebook likes
- These people have a number of common characteristics:
- Income levels
- Giant wants to target their content to relevant people outside of their current audience
- Facebook would create a lookalike audience based on these common characteristics
- It would then allow Giant to target their content to these people
- Giant could also opt to refine this further by using specific demographic data
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term Lookalike Audience
Concept related to Lookalike Audience
Additional resources about Lookalike Audience
- Create a Lookalike Audience
- How to Use Facebook Lookalike Audiences With Custom Audiences
- What’s a Facebook lookalike audience and why is it important?