What is Marketing Mix?
Marketing mix was a term first used by Jerome McCarthy in 1960s. It outlined the four factors that a brand can control – also known as the “4Ps” – that are integral to marketing:
- Product: what a brand is selling
- Price: what the product costs
- Place: where customers can find the product
- Promotion: how the product is targeted to customers
- Product: Apple MacBook Pro
- Price: $1500
- Place: Apple store, Best Buy, Amazon
- Promotion: TV ads
Each of these forms a foundational aspect of marketing. A brand’s product needs to be good, correctly priced, easy to find, and targeted to the right audience.
Popularity of the term Marketing Mix
Concept related to Marketing Mix
Additional resources about Marketing Mix
- What the Marketing Mix Is and Why It’s Important
- What is the 7Ps Marketing Mix and how should it be used?
- Understanding the Marketing Mix Concept – 4Ps