What is a Microsite?
Microsite definition: microsite refers to a branded website that is not part of a brand’s homepage or main website URL.
Microsites come in two forms:
- Standalone: https://www.micrositename.com
- Sub-domain: https://micrositename.maindomain.com
They often expire once a marketing campaign is over.
Microsites are created to have a specific function or share content that would lose its impact if shared on a brand’s main website.
OfficeDepot has a microsite called ElfYourself that they drive traffic to during the holiday period. Users can create videos and images of themselves as elves to be shared.
This works as a form of viral marketing for them.
Popularity of the term Microsite
Concept related to Microsite
Additional resources about Microsite
- The Microsite: A Definitive How-to Guide for Their Effective Use
- What Is a Microsite? 10 Killer Examples That Explain It Best
- Top Ten Benefits of Having a Microsite
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.