What is Minimum Viable Product?
Minimum viable product definition: minimum viable product is a version of a product that contains enough basic features to function and be sold.
Minimum viable products are typically used for digital products such as those offered by Saas companies.
The process focuses on launching a “good enough” product to users that can be developed through customer feedback. It relies heavily on early adopters.
Minimum viable products allow a brand to effectively:
- Limit financial investment
- Market test their idea
- Generate income
- Employ continuous improvement
Minimum viable products first entered the marketing zeitgeist after the release of a book called The Lean Startup by Eric Ries.
Popularity of the term Minimum Viable Product
Concept related to Minimum Viable Product
Additional resources about Minimum Viable Product
- What Is A Minimum Viable Product, And Why Do Companies Need Them?
- What is a Minimum Viable Product?
- How to Plan a Minimum Viable Product: a Step-By-Step Guide