What is a Qualified Lead?
Qualified lead definition: qualified lead refers to a person in your sales funnel who has expressed an interest in buying a product or service from a brand.
Qualified leads come in two forms and are often referred to by the following acronyms:
- Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL): a person who is not yet ready to buy, but customer insight shows they are likely to become a customer in the future
- Sales Qualified Lead (SQL): a person who has started the buying cycle, and is considering your brand as an option
- MQL: they need middle-of-the-funnel content to engage and inform
- SQL: they need bottom-of-the-funnel content to convert them
Concept related to Qualified Lead
Popularity of the term Qualified Lead
Additional resources about Qualified Lead
- The definition of a Marketing Qualified Lead (and what it’s not)
- 7 Steps to Defining a Marketing-Qualified Lead (MQL)
- What is a Qualified Lead? That’s the Wrong Question
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.