What is SaaS?
SaaS definition: SaaS is an acronym of Software As A Service; it is a method of selling software and applications over the internet.
SaaS products can be characterized as:
- Being centrally hosted
- Requiring internet access to use
- Using subscription-based business models
Customers pay a recurring subscription fee to use the products, which can be downloaded to a computer and used when connected to the internet.
SaaS provides a lot more security for software-focused brands and gives users more flexible payment options.
Popularity of the term SaaS
Concept related to SaaS
Additional resources about SaaS
- What is SaaS? 10 FAQs About Software as a Service
- The SaaS Business Model Explained
- 5-Minute Breakdown: Software as a Service (SaaS) [VIDEO]