What is SEO?
SEO definition: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization; it aims to increase traffic to a brand’s website from search engines like Google.
SEO’s primary role is to look at all the factors that influence:
- How webpages rank in search engines
- How users interact with content
Then manipulate them to give the webpage the highest ranking in a search engine for a relevant keyword term.
SEO uses “ranking factors” that are either confirmed by the search engines or assumed by professionals based on research and case studies.
These factors fall into one of two categories:
- On-page optimization: the adjustable factors on a brand’s website
- Off-page optimization: the adjustable factors on third-party websites and resources
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.
Popularity of the term SEO
Concept related to SEO
Additional resources about SEO
- The Beginner’s Guide to SEO
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- SEO Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Find Out if Syndicated Content is Impacting Your SEO
Loomly is the ultimate Brand Success platform that helps your marketing team manage, nurture and amplify your communication on social media. Start your 15-day free trial now.