What is Social Commerce?
Social commerce definition: social commerce refers to the use of social media platforms for the buying and selling of products and services.
Social commerce comes in a number of different forms but is mainly categorized as one of the following three types:
- Onsite: social elements on a brand’s website
- Offsite: retail elements on a social website
Brands can use both of these to increase sales of their products.
P&Co use onsite social commerce by adding sharing buttons to its website:
They also use offsite social commerce by adding products to Instagram shopping:
Popularity of the term Social Commerce
Concept related to Social Commerce
Additional resources about Social Commerce
- The Secret to the Future Growth of Your Ecommerce Channel: Social Commerce
- Why The Rise Of Social Commerce Is Inevitable
- 5 Business Benefits of Social Commerce