Twitter threads are an excellent way to share longer-form content, tell a story, or provide a step-by-step guide to pack more value into your tweets. The best part? You can save time by scheduling them with Loomly!
Loomly has supported Twitter thread scheduling & auto-posting since 2021, and you can now add media like images, GIFs, or videos to each tweet in a thread to make it even easier to tell your story and connect with your audience.
Here’s why you should incorporate media into your Twitter threads:
- Increases engagement: Tweets with images or videos receive higher engagement than those without, which can significantly improve your reach on the platform.
- Brand storytelling: With the ability to add media to each tweet, you can showcase your brand’s personality, and tell a more engaging story to your audience.
- Creates a memorable experience: Adding media to your tweets can make your content more memorable for your audience, which can strengthen your relationship with them.
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.
How to schedule Twitter threads with Loomly
- Create a new post on your calendar, as you normally would and select ‘Twitter’ as your social channel and click Next.
- Add your initial Tweet in the Define Generic Content step of the Post Builder and click Next.
- Click ‘Add a Thread Tweet’ to create multiple tweets to make up your Twitter thread.
- Under each thread, you can add media in each attachment section. This will allow you to add images, GIFs, or videos to each tweet in the thread.
- Click Next to either save your post as a draft, submit it for approval or to schedule it.
How to write great Twitter threads
If you’re not sure where to start with Twitter threads, we’ve got some best practices for you to keep in mind:
Have a clear objective and plan ahead
Before starting a Twitter thread, make sure that you have a clear objective you want to achieve that aligns with your content. This could be educating your audience, sharing a story, or providing a tutorial.
Keep it relevant
When adding media to your Twitter threads, make sure it is relevant to the content you are sharing. Your media should support and enhance your message, rather than distract from it.
Keep it short and sweet
Twitter is all about brevity, so try to keep your tweets and the attached media short and sweet. Use short videos or GIFs that convey your message effectively in a matter of seconds. This will help keep your audience engaged and interested in your content.
Experiment with different types of media, including images, videos, and GIFs, to see what resonates with your audience. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your content and try new things.
Use a conversational tone
Twitter is a social platform, so using a conversational tone when writing your thread can help you connect with your audience on a more personal level and encourage engagement.
Test and analyze
As with any social media strategy, it’s essential to test and analyze your results. Try different types of media, and track your engagement rates with Loomly’s analytics to see what works best for your brand.
Want to learn more?
If you need some more inspiration, check out our blog 👉 10 Twitter Threads Ideas to Boost Engagement
For more information on Loomly + Twitter, visit the Loomly Help Center.