What is a Unique Visitor?
Unique visitor definition: unique visitor is a measure of website traffic; it refers to someone who visits a website within a specific period.
Unique visitors can come to a website in a number of different ways:
- Typing in the domain name
- Clicking a search result
- Opening a link on social media
- Clicking a link on a third-party website
Their visit to the website is tracked once in what is known as a “reporting period” that is typically around 30 minutes long.
Popularity of the term Unique Visitor
Concept related to Unique Visitor
Additional resources about Unique Visitor
- Marketing 101: What is a unique visitor?
- Unique Visitors – Understanding Your Audience
- Difference between unique visitor and visit