What are UTM Parameters?
UTM parameters work like “tags” on a URL. When a URL containing a parameter is visited, it communicates the visit to an associated analytics tool.
These UTM parameters come in five forms:
- Source: where the traffic came from
- Medium: the campaign the traffic came from (eg. Facebook ad)
- Name: the in-house name of a campaign
- Term: the keywords searched to find the URL
- Content: the piece of content that drove the traffic
UTM parameters are helpful for content marketers trying to understand their most effective or profitable types of traffic.
Clicking this link it would tell our Google Analytics account that you visited the Loomly homepage from our marketing dictionary.
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term UTM Parameters