Video marketing is booming right now, fueled by people’s insatiable appetite for the format.
If you’re wondering whether to embrace video as part of your digital marketing strategy, then you’ll want to know about the different types of video marketing and how long a marketing video should be, right?
Read on as the Loomly Team answers all of your questions in this video marketing FAQ.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is video marketing?
- What are the different types of video marketing?
- What is a video marketing strategy?
- Why is video marketing important?
- Is video effective for marketing?
- How effective are video ads?
- What makes a video good for marketing?
- How long should a marketing video be?
- How do you plan video content?
- How much does video marketing cost?
What is video marketing?
Video marketing involves using video to promote or market your brand, product, or service.
You can use different types of video, such as how-to videos, explainer videos, and customer testimonials, to reach your audience, raise awareness, increase engagement, and drive sales for your marketing campaign.
What are the different types of video marketing?
There are 10 types of video marketing you can use to promote your brand:
- The spot
- The explainer
- The product demonstration
- The company culture video
- The behind-the-scenes video
- The customer testimonial video
- The employee portrait video
- The web series
- The branded mini-documentary
- The branded short film
What is a video marketing strategy?
Creating a video marketing strategy takes the same planning as any other marketing strategy:
- Set your goals.
- Define your audience.
- Define the “type” of videos you want – Explainer/Live/Interview/Presentation/Product reviews/Video ads.
- Create/curate your videos.
- Share them.
- Monitor their success.
Why is video marketing important?
Furthermore, Zenith estimates that the average person will spend 100 minutes every day watching online videos in 2021 — almost 19% more compared to 2019:
These metrics alone underline why video marketing is important and should be part of your digital marketing strategy.
Is video effective for marketing?
Video is a highly effective form of content for marketing, and its popularity has gone hand-in-hand with the rise of social media. Here are a few statistics:
- 92% of marketers say it’s an important part of their marketing strategy.
- 99% of marketers using video will continue to do so in 2020.
- 48% of consumers want videos to reflect what they are interested in.
- 66% of video advertisements were 30 seconds long at the end of 2019.
- 66% of US teens watch online videos every day.
- 57% of marketers use live video.
How effective are video ads?
Video ads give advertisers unique opportunities to engage and convert prospects better than standard image ads.
Both Amazon and eBay report that adding a video ad to a product description increases the chances of a shopper buying that item by up to 35%.
Here’s why video ads are the future of digital advertising:
- Video ads have higher engagement than standard banners.
- Video ads are shareable.
- Video ads have a higher click-through rate than display ads.
What makes a video good for marketing?
Here are five tips to help you create compelling, inspiring, and actionable online marketing videos:
- Center your video around the story, not the sale.
- Make your video feature the best 10 seconds ever.
- Use humor in your video – stop being so boring!
- Optimize your video for SEO – tag it up.
- Educate your customers with video and prove yourself.
How long should a marketing video be?
Here are some video length stats:
- The average length of all business-related videos is just over six minutes.
- The majority of videos (60%) are less than 2 minutes long.
- Only 3% of business videos are 10 to 20 minutes long.
- The average number of videos over 20 minutes in length grew 66% in 2020 indicated an increasing focus on longer-form educational content, such as on-demand webinars.
- 58% of viewers watch a business-related video all the way through if it’s less than 60 seconds. But only 24% will finish a video if it’s longer than 20 minutes.
- 9% indicated that a video being too long would strongly deter them from watching.
- Facebook recommends that small businesses try keeping videos to around 15 seconds as much as possible. They shared that 47% of the value in a video comes in the first 3 seconds.
- Videos that are an average of 26 seconds receive the most comments on Instagram.
How do you plan video content?
Here are the five things you must do to plan successful video content:
- Outline your objectives
- Understand your target audience
- Focus on your core message
- Plan the specifics
- Write a video production brief
How much does video marketing cost?
Like most things, the short answer is: it depends.
Here are a few ballpark figures:
Outsourced marketing video production costs can range from $1,200 for a basic video to $50,000 for a premium video, while in-house solutions usually run less than $5,000 for the production equipment.
Creative Side Marketing shared the following video marketing costs comparison:
Summary of in-house video marketing costs
- Video Producer Salary: $63,000 (Glassdoor)
- Production Gear Costs: Approx $1,000
Summary of agency video marketing costs
- Average agency rates: $75 to $150 per hour
- Creative Side Marketing rates: $125 per hour
- Our average project cost for 3-5 minute video: $2,000-$5,000
Video Marketing FAQ in a Nutshell
Video marketing continues to grow in line with consumers’ love for video. It’s already proven to be an effective marketing medium. The only thing you have to decide is if, when, and how you should use video marketing.