What is YouTube?
YouTube definition: YouTube is a video on demand platform that allows creators to upload and share video content. It was first launched in 2005 and acquired by Google in 2006.
YouTube is widely considered one of the world’s most important and profitable websites:
- It is the second most visited website in the world
- 400 hours of content are uploaded each minute
- Many users generate $30,000 to $1,000,000+ on the platform
YouTube allows users to create free channels where they can “broadcast” their content. Other users can subscribe to, comment on, and share channels or content.
It also has one of the most profitable advertising systems, through Google ads, for both users and brands of any social media platform.
Manage all your social media accounts in one place.
Craft, schedule, & auto-post content to all your social channels, then track analytics and manage interactions from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
Popularity of the term YouTube
Concept related to YouTube
Additional resources about YouTube
- YouTube Marketing: The Definitive Guide
- YouTube Marketing: The Ultimate YouTube for Business Guide
- How to Use YouTube to Market Your Business