In 2018, the digital marketing consultancy landscape is pretty dense and sometimes hard to navigate:
- If you own, manage or work at an advertising agency, you may be wondering how your firm compares to competitors on the market.
- If you hired the services of an advertising agency as partner to assist with your brand, you may be interested in understanding how your vendor stacks up versus competition.
In both cases, lucky you are!
We have gathered and analyzed data about 3,000+ advertising agencies in 1,000+ cities around the globe and compiled our findings in this infographic:
Which population did we study?
The population of 3,000+ advertising agencies we studied was distributed as follows across the world:
- 60% in North America.
- 33% in Europe.
- 5% in Latin America.
- 2% in Australia.
Where are there the most agencies in each area?
Here are the most competitive cities in each region of the world we studied:
- USA: New York, Los Angeles ( ❤️), Chicago.
- Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver.
- Latin America: Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Guadalajara.
- Europe: London, Amsterdam, Paris.
- Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane.
How big is an advertising agency team?
The agency teams we studied break down as follows in terms of number of employees:
- Small agencies: 48% have less than 10 employees.
- Medium agencies: 38% have between 10 and 50 employees.
- Large agencies: 4% have more than 50 employees.
How expensive are the services of an advertising agency?
Here is how the hourly rates of the agencies we studied spreads:
- 32% of agencies charge under $100 per hour.
- 50% of agencies charge between $100 and $150 per hour.
- 18% of agencies charge over $150 per hour.
What kind of budget does an agency work on?
Agencies will take on projects as follows:
- 18% of agencies will take on a budget under $5,000.
- 49% of agencies will take on a budget between $5,000 and $10,000.
- 33% of agencies will only take on a budget over $10,000.
What is the proportion of pure social media projects in an agency portfolio?
Here is how specialized the agencies we studied are:
- Generalist: for 70% of agencies, less than 20% of projects are social media-centric.
- Social media-savvy: for 28% of agencies, between 20% and 50% of projects are social media-centric.
- Social media-expert: for 2% of agencies, more than 50% of projects are social media-centric.
We hope the data points above will help you get a better understanding of how your firm/partner stack up.
If you enjoyed this infographic, you can tweet it in one click from here or embed it easily on your website with the code below:
Loomly make social media content management easier for agencies: start your 15-day free trial now and streamline your client/team collaboration.