What is Customer Insight?
Customer insight definition: customer insight is the analysis of consumer behavior to improve service and increase sales.
Customer insight combines information from a brand’s:
- Research department
- Marketing department
To look at how improvements to products, service, and messaging can be made.
One of the key factors of customer insight is “mutual benefit”.
Mutual benefit means making improvements that provide a better, more desirable service to the customer that also positively impacts the need of the brand.
A basic example of customer insight would be:
- Coca-Cola needs to increase sales in Asia
- Customer insight shows Asian customers want to buy drinks with added flavors
- Coca-Cola releases a new range of flavors to fit the Asian market
- Both parties benefit
Popularity of the term Customer Insight
Concept related to Customer Insight
Additional resources about Customer Insight
- Why Customer Insight Is Important and Why Your Business Should Be Utilizing It
- “What Are Consumer Insights?”
- How to Develop a Customer Insight Strategy