What is Brand Awareness?
Brand awareness definition: brand awareness refers to the ability of a target audience to accurately recognize or recall a brand or product.
There are a few sub-categories that make up brand awareness:
- The ability to recognize a brand
- The ability to recognize a product
- The ability to match a brand to its products (or vise versa)
- The ability to recognize brand elements, like logos
They can be used in isolation or unison to gauge the level of brand awareness.
The more people in a target audience can recognize a brand, products, and specific elements, the higher the level of brand awareness.
For example, if we were to say the names:
You would instantly recognize the brand, imagine their logos, name one product, and even share a little information about what the brand stands for.
Popularity of the term Brand Awareness
Concept related to Brand Awareness
Additional resources about Brand Awareness
- How to Build Brand Awareness: Definitions, Steps, and Examples
- 6 Innovative Ways to Increase Brand Awareness
- 24 Brand Awareness Tips: A Complete List of 2019 Growth Ideas