What is Local Marketing?
Local marketing definition: local marketing refers to any marketing practice that targets a specific community or area.
Local marketing is most often employed by small neighborhood businesses to attract people in the surrounding area.
These businesses can use a wide range of outbound and inbound marketing methods to attract customers including – but not limited to – the following:
- Outbound: display ads, attending local events, community involvement, etc.
- Inbound: Google My Business, local SEO, social media marketing, etc.
Local marketing techniques often rely on a good mix of these to reach their target audience.
Local marketing can also be used by global companies.
For example, Weight Watchers uses local marketing techniques to attract people to their community groups.
Managing social media content has never been easier
All your accounts. One easy-to-use platform.Start your free 15-day trial
No credit card required.
Popularity of the term Local Marketing
Concept related to Local Marketing
Additional resources about Local Marketing
- 7 Tactical Ways Every Business Can Use Local Marketing to Sell More
- 10 Local Marketing Strategies That Work
- Local Marketing: Why You Need to Do It and How to Get Started