CTR definition: CTR is short for Click-Through Rate; it refers to the number of people who clicked a link based on the number of total impressions.
CTR can be applied to any piece of content that aims to get users to visit another webpage, such as:
- Search engine results
- Social media updates
- Landing pages
- Sales pages
- Blog posts
- Loomly shares a blog post on Facebook.
- It is seen by 1000 people
- 100 people click through to the post
- Loomly has a CTR of 10%
CTR is typically calculated automatically by an analytics tool or URL shortener.
Popularity of the term CTR
Concept related to CTR
Additional resources about CTR
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): Understanding Click-Through Rate for PPC
- What is CTR? What You Need to Know About Click-Through Rate
- How to Improve CTR in 7 Easy Steps