What is A/B Testing?
A/B Testing definition: A/B testing is the process of testing an audience’s reaction to two variations of the same piece of marketing material.
A/B testing looks to collect data on these reactions to understand the impact it has on the audience, and how a brand can use it to move closer to their goals.
The “reactions” are typically behavior- or conversion-based metrics and can be used in:
Samsung wants to optimize the headlines used in their email marketing.
They send two emails:
- Version A: sent with an emotional headline
- Version B: sent with a statistical headline
The version with the highest open rates would be the “winner”, and the data collected would help them to identify what drives their audience to open emails.
Popularity of the term A/B Testing
Concept related to A/B Testing
Additional resources about A/B Testing
- A Beginner’s Guide To AB Testing
- A Refresher on A/B Testing
- What is A/B Testing? (Explained in 1 Minute) [Video]